Be Careful About Environmental Toxins

The environment in which you live can determine the health of your home, but also with your kids. You don’t want them to be exposed to toxins that could eventually cause them harm. While you are trying to raise healthy kids, don’t ignore these toxins that might be right in your own home.

Stop Smoking Near Open Windows

You probably don’t smoke inside because of the risk of secondhand smoke, especially for kids, but even smoking outside can be hazardous to your children’s health. If you smoke in the backyard or on the side of the house, are there open doors or windows? Keep in mind the smoke can still get into your house, particularly on windy days. Even a small amount of smoke can trigger allergies and cause a lot of long-term problems for your children’s health and their lungs. If you smoke outside, make sure you are a good distance from any windows or doors.

Be Careful With Household Cleaners

While it is good to pay close attention to proper housekeeping and make sure your house is kept clean, some household cleaners are far too harsh for the home when small children are running around. The more natural ingredients you can use, the better off you will be. Consider how many times you clean with bleach or other harsh chemicals, and you don’t have any ventilation. That sticks in the air, and your children might be inhaling it. They might also touch furniture after it was polished or eat foo doff a table that was cleaned with bleach-like cleaners. Try to get natural and organic cleaners, or use natural cleaners like baking soda and vinegar.

Look For Signs of Mold or Mildew

Another common occurrence in homes is having mold or mildew, even when you didn’t realize it was there. If you have a musty odor in your bathroom, but can’t find where it is coming from, look underneath your sink or behind the toilet. These odors are often from mildew as a result of a water leak. Even very minor leaks can eventually lead to mildew, which turns into mold if it isn’t taken care of. Do you not take any form of mold lightly; get it cleaned up right away and keep your kids (and pets) away from the area until all traces of mold are gone. Mold spores can stay in the air and lead to some pretty scary stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *